PAP and DIP

Post by Jason Ahre » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to get DIP working with PAP. So far, everthing I have tried,
the modem hangup up (or the remote end hangup up) after DIP has completed
running my dip script, as if pppd is not reading my pap-secrets file. I
acn get this working with a CHAT script, however because of the way I
wish to run this I cannot use CHAT (the modem hangs up i it's run through
a script that logs out)

The only thing that I can figure out may be happenein here is that when
using DIP, pppd does not read the /etc/ppp/pap-secrets file.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks alot for your time. Current
scripts to follow...

Jason

my dip command line reads:
/sbin/dip /etc/ppp/fulcrum/fulcrum.dip

and my dip scrip read (I have taken out the phone number for posting:

  #
  # Set serial port and speed.
  #
  port cua1
  speed 57600

  #
  # Should match the assignment from your administrator
  #
  netmask 255.255.255.0

  #
  # Send initializing string to modem and print banner
  #
  print Initializing modem
  send AT&F1&A3S11=37\r
  wait OK 3
  if $errlvl != 0 goto modemerr

dialsvr:

  send +++\r
  wait OK 3
  send ATH0\r
  wait OK 3
  print Dialing (phone#here)
  send ATDT(phone#here)\r
  if $errlvl != 0 goto error
  wait BUSY 10
  if $errlvl == 0 goto dialsvr
  wait CONNECT 15
  if $errlvl != 0 goto dialsvr
  get $speed remote
  print Connect: $speed

#
# Give the connection report !
#

done:

  print Entering PPP mode.
  sleep 2
  mode PPP
  goto exit

error:

  print PPP connection failed.
  goto exit

modemerr:

  print Modem initializing failed.
  goto exit

exit:

1. PAP with Dip or PPD. Which is best?

I have an internet isdn account that uses the PAP login scheme.  Does dip
support this?  What about PPPD?  Does anyone have a sample script for
either of  these using PAP?
  Also do you need a driver for isdn modems, or can i just use it as if it
was a modem?
        Last question is does PPPD come with linux.  Ive installed the N
diskset but cant find pppd.  If it does come with it, where is it located?
Thanks in advance.

2. one static ip, multisystem lan, want to use other systems for services

3. dip and PAP

4. ATM Benchmark Testing

5. PAP using DIP?

6. Boot disks for aix 3.2.5

7. PAP and DIP/pppd

8. FreeBSD 4.0 with SB 16 PCI

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. dip dip dip

11. PPPD w/ PAP not working, works fine w/o PAP

12. DIP questions: setup, timeout and cleanup DIP process

13. Dip vs Dip-uri, which one should I use?