Netscape won't find any mail or news-server

Netscape won't find any mail or news-server

Post by Lars-G?ran Andersso » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've tried to configure Netscape 4.03  to my email server but it persist
to say that the server doesn't exist. This is the same when trying to
configure the News server to.

Looking forward to some constructive answer.

Lars-G?ran Andersson

Netscape won't find any mail or news-server

Post by tonn » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

are u loges in as a root  it will not work .
login as a user like the same for you isp and will work fine i had the same
problem

> I've tried to configure Netscape 4.03  to my email server but it persist
> to say that the server doesn't exist. This is the same when trying to
> configure the News server to.

> Looking forward to some constructive answer.

> Lars-G?ran Andersson

Netscape won't find any mail or news-server

Post by m.. » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

i ran into the same problem, first connect to your isp, and then edit
the preferences for your mail and news servers, worked for me.
good luck

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:52:14 +0100, "Lars-G?ran Andersson"