Outlook and OpenLDAP

Post by dpury.. » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

[I am reposting this to the Linux forum because the Microsoft forum's
aren't providing much help. I assume that someone, somewhere has
configured OpenLDAP for use as an LDAP service for Outlook.]

Outlook 98 is returning an "no entries found" found whenever I query
against an LDAP database with a known, working contact. (I am using
OpenLDAP). Following is a session where I am manually searching for the
specified contact:

cn=Dustin Puryear, dc=wnet
cn=Dustin
sn=Manager

objectclass=person

Note that I used all uppercase as well as the * wildcard because that
matches how Outlook is searching the database. Following is the output
of my LDAP service when Outlook queries it with "Email:

do_unbind
do_bind
do_bind: version 3 dn () method 128
unknown version 3
send_ldap_result 2::version not supported
do_bind
do_bind: version 2 dn () method 128
send_ldap_result 0::
do_search
SRCH "WNET" 2 3    100 30 0

    attrs: display-name cn commonname mail othermailbox givenname sn
surname st
c co organizationname o ou organizationalunitname url homephone
facsimiletelepho
nenumber otherfacsimiletelephonenumber officefax mobile otherpager
officepager p
ager info title telephonenumber l homepostaladdress postaladdress
streetaddress
street department comment postalcode physicaldeliveryofficename
initials confere
nceinformation usercertificate;binary labeleduri manager reports
send_ldap_result 32::
ber_get_next on fd 17 failed errno 0 (Success)
*** got 0 of 0 so far

I get a "no entires" message from Outlook. Doing it by hand I get:

Hope, dc=wnet
cn=Bob Hope
sn=Manager

objectclass=person

So that works. Any ideas on how to debug this glitch? By the way, I set
the search base to the same "wnet".

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Outlook and OpenLDAP

[...]

2. Problems with windoze 95

3. OpenLDAP and MS Outlook

4. Simple way to make 2-column file?

5. Openldap & Outlook Address Book

6. 2.5.44-mm1

7. Migrating Outlook Contacts to OpenLDAP

8. Linux Hardware Compatibility HOWTO

9. So IE5/Outlook/Outlook Express will all execute attachments

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. Problems with Heimdal, OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASL, GSSAPI, and Active Directory

12. can't modify migrated openldap accounts

13. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????