Apache Not Doing SSI (server side includes) WHY???

Apache Not Doing SSI (server side includes) WHY???

Post by Dan All » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

   Running Linux 1.2.8 with Apache 1.0 compiled cleanly works perfect except
when I try to include an uptime line in my web page.

   for a look see go to http://phanotm.iquest.net/home.html

   what it should do is similar to my friends at

                        http://www.indyramp.com/uptime.html

    Already added    AddType text/x-server-parsed.html -shtml
                     AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi

     Stumped...

Post by Andy Chur » Wed, 21 Feb 1996 04:00:00

>   Running Linux 1.2.8 with Apache 1.0 compiled cleanly works perfect except
>when I try to include an uptime line in my web page.

>   for a look see go to http://phanotm.iquest.net/home.html

>    Already added    AddType text/x-server-parsed.html -shtml

  First, that should be `AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml'.  Second,
you need to either rename your page to home.shtml or change the above line
to `AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .html'.  (This latter alternative is
the one I prefer, but note that it incurs a performance penalty since all
.html files must be server-parsed.)

    WWW: http://mmm.mbhs.edu/cgi-bin/achurch/

1. Apache and Server Side Includes (SSI)

Hi!  I was wondering if if it would be a major performance hit if I did
an SSI for the headers and footers on each page of a web site? The web
site in question is not particularly busy (around 200 hits/day?) or
large (around 150 pages in the main part of the site). And it sure would
be much handier to have this boilerplate stuff in a single location so
I don't have to change 150 files every time. Bringing up a single page
doesn't seem to take perceptibly longer but I don't want to bring the
server to its knees. (And no, I don't think this web site is the only
one on the server.)

Peace.....

Tom Williams

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. can't delete gre tunnel interface

3. Apache SSI - server side includes

4. SCSI Adapter / RAID recommendations?

5. Activating Server Side Includes (SSI) in Apache

6. Dialing into my Linux box

7. Problem with Server side includes (SSI) Apache-1.3.3

8. Help: xemacs segmentation fault

9. How to set Sever Side Include (SSI) in Apache ?

10. Apache, Server Side Include: include

11. SSI Server Side Includes

12. getting server side includes to work with apache server