PPP/CHAP/PAP to an NT server from non-MS client (HELP!)

PPP/CHAP/PAP to an NT server from non-MS client (HELP!)

Post by John Li » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.

I am trying to help a friend get his FreeBSD box to authenticate to
an NT server that is his ISP.  I've heard that Linux can do this.
The NT server is sending me a CHAP algorithm field that is not in
RFC1334, and it drops me if I send a ConfRej for CHAP (instead of
going to PAP).

Any and all help you can offer would be appreciated.  He'd like to do
this for a conference Nov 1-3.  We've been fighting it for weeks now.

Please reply directly, as I don't regularly read this group.
--

                 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. Is Avatar Shark 250/MB removable HD supported w/Linux?

3. Help needed connecting to Non-MS-CHAP NT RAS with PPP - E=691

4. Graphic button - PHP3.

5. Connecting pppd to NT server without chap/ms-chap

6. embedding files in a script

7. Howto dial ISP running NT4 - chap, pap, ms-chap?

8. DPT SmartRAID VI & FBSD 4.x

9. PPP Server Setup Help (CHAP or PAP)

10. Strange ppp freezeup during transfers to NT-PAP server ( redhat6.2 client)

11. NT 4.0 RAS and Non-MS/Linux clients

12. Howto: PPP, SUN Solaris 2.x client, NT pap server.

13. PPP script for client callback with PAP/CHAP