local hostname DIP+slirp+CSLIP

Post by Dan Neils » Wed, 07 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am reposting this question because I setn my modem in for an upgrade right
after I posted it the first time.  Sorry.

I connect to my remote host (pluto.njcc.com) with dip+slirp+CSLIP.  Now, when
I run network applications locally, the site I am connecting to sees me as
coming from pluto.  How can I configure my dip script/ /etc/host* files so
that I am seen as coming from my own host?

1. dip/slirp/cslip -- hostname?

How does one configure a dip/slirp/cslip connection so that when connecting to
remote sites, they see you as coming from your own machine, rather than from
from the host machine.

eg when I connect to somewhere it says
Hello dhn at pluto.njcc.com you are user number 8098093 out of a possible 4
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I want this to be my local address.

Anyone?

dan

2. getting good I/O rates on low memory system; madvise?

3. Linux Dip+SLiRP+CSLIP mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

4. Remote News Reading

5. Dip+SLiRP+CSLIP = Network is unreachable

6. ISDN transmission hangs under 2.4.x

7. Linux Dip+SLiRP+CSLIP mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

8. RH5 where in code does it look for RedHat

9. DIP+SLiRP+CSLIP - almost a mini-HOWTO

10. PPP+SLiRP OK but CSLIP+SLiRP has display problem

11. DIP-3.3.7-uri (was Re: Bizzare DIP/CSLIP problem

12. My hostname will not set; dip error "must set HOSTNAME first"

13. How do I configure SLIRP and CSLIP?