port forwarding + Masq. (localnet to localnet).

port forwarding + Masq. (localnet to localnet).

Post by cmo » Mon, 27 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I got a few questions.

Is there a way to get ipchains masq. to kick in before
ipmasqadm portfw  ??

What is the difference between ipmasqadm portfw and
ipmasqadm fwd ?
I know the second you need to mark the packets as
they come in, but what are the advantages and
disadvantages between them ?

Thanks for any help.
Jim,

1. Masquerading and internet port => localnet port ?

Hi,

I got a problem on my linux...setup is a local 192.168.1.x network and a
ppp connection to the internet. Now whats not working is if someone
tries to phone (using an ip-phone program like buddyphone) to my windows
pc (which has the localnet
ip 192.168.1.11).  Now what I wanna do is this : If I tell someone my
real internet ip (the one of my linux) and if someone tries to call my
at that ip I want the  udp frame which is send to port 700 of my linux
to be forwarded to 192.168.1.11 so the connection can be setup....I
tried netcat but maybe I screwd up...it wont work with   netcat -l -u -p
700 192.168.1.11 700
Btw I already opened up port 700 of the firewall..that was not the
problem...

Anybody ? Please help...I have been working on this for several hours
now and its starting to suck ;-)

If you have a clue let me know

2. installing new os

3. Dialup localnet problems (checked nsswitch.conf)

4. ISTHERE a net-conference type of facility?

5. Mail through TIA on linux localnet

6. Ftape on Linux 1.0

7. cant ping localnet when my win98 box logs internet

8. sorry about the R 2 D 2 rubbish, it was a fiddle

9. Why "localnet" is used in /etc/networks ?

10. LocalNet & PPP : Together

11. LocalNet eth0 ..Problem

12. NEED HELP connecting localnet to internet

13. Linux localnet/Internet routing