Printing to an NT-Queue

Post by Monika Dannhaue » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

How can I print from linux to a NT-Queue without installing samba or
something elso on the NT-maschine?

Printing to an NT-Queue

Post by Jorge Herrer » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Install TCP/IP Printing from the Network Control Panel (services option)

Quote:>How can I print from linux to a NT-Queue without installing samba or
>something elso on the NT-maschine?

1. Printing to Windows NT queue

I am trying to print to a remote printer that is shared from an
NT server.  So I set up my printcap with
'PRT:lp=:rm=NTSERVER:rp=LANPTR:sd=/usr/spool/lpd'

etc.

The NT machine has its print  que shared and so on.

However it just doesn't print.  'lpc status' produce message
indicating it is waiting for the NT server to come up.  But it
is up as I can ping/ftp into it.

Any gurus out there have experience with this ?  Can you please
give me a hand.  Will appreciate it very much.

Nick

2. Afraid to install Red Hat 5.2

3. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

4. Windows 95 Info Guide

5. Problem with Windows NT print queues

6. Boot 44P-270 over Fiber ?

7. Print to Windows NT - Waiting Queue to Be Enabled?

8. Finding the maximum size of an IPC message

9. How to set remote print queue to NT

10. Setup printer queue on Solaris to print to NT

11. Printing to NT queue

12. Setup printer queue on Solaris to print to NT

13. Unix Print Queues available to NT workstations