dhcp and dynamic dns on a mixed linux and win 2k network

dhcp and dynamic dns on a mixed linux and win 2k network

Post by James Switz » Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:47:04

I have a bunch of linux boxes and win 2k boxes on a network. The dhcp
server is a win box, and no I can't put linux on it, but I wish I
could. The thing is also doing dynamic dns and who knows what else.
The problem is the linux clients get IP's but the other info returned
is bogus, so the resolv.conf gets munched. The linux boxes are runing
mandrake 7.2, I think, so I'm not real sure where dhcpcd is started. I
thought I found it in /sbin/ifup so I tried passing it -R, but that
didn't work. The other problem is the linux boxes aren't getiing
added, I think that problem is server side. Thanks for any clues you
can toss my way.

   James Switzer