ISDN both b channels??? HELP!

Post by ‘5?HH575-UAZWKVVP-7H2H48 » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Ok i have recently downloaded and installed kppp and set it up using
my init string that i use in windows that they gave me on the phone
(tech support peeps) anyways the settings tell the modem to dial in
and automatically connect the second bchannel...well it readds the
command says "OK" but it never connects the second bchannel unless the
connectino gets really busy...but when it connects the second
channel...it doesnt' download any faster ... the following is the init
string i use for my USR Courier-I external modem:

&f1 *v2=5 s67=0 s68=64 s69=0 *d0=1 *p=3

this should turn off the money saving feature for ISDN and tell it to
automatically connect both channels if two ports are available... any

ISDN both b channels??? HELP!

Post by DJ Irvi » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I've been running a Courier-I internal but I'm sure the commands are close
enough.
Fire up minicom and enter a ati16
This should show you your setup for MLPPP and time settings, etc...
Then issue the appropriate AT* command based on what you'd like it to do.
I have disabled bandwidth on demand and set MLPPP so it uses both channels.
When done, verify by ati16 again.
If correct issue at&w to write those settings.

Good Luck. If unsure, email me directly and we'll work it out.

Dean

>Ok i have recently downloaded and installed kppp and set it up using
>my init string that i use in windows that they gave me on the phone
>(tech support peeps) anyways the settings tell the modem to dial in
>and automatically connect the second bchannel...well it readds the
>command says "OK" but it never connects the second bchannel unless the
>connectino gets really busy...but when it connects the second
>channel...it doesnt' download any faster ... the following is the init
>string i use for my USR Courier-I external modem:

>&f1 *v2=5 s67=0 s68=64 s69=0 *d0=1 *p=3

>this should turn off the money saving feature for ISDN and tell it to
>automatically connect both channels if two ports are available... any

1. HELP! ISDN dual channel under Linux

HELP!

    I have a 3com Impact IQ, when I try to connect using PPP to my ISP
under Linux, I am only able to get 1 channel. Under Windows 95 both
channels work, I have set the serial port speed appropriately and I have
checked the internal registers to verify that the modem is configured
for multilink mode.

    Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is this an ISP problem or an
OS problem or a modem problem?

    Thank you for your help,
    Amr Hambazaza

2. Erik F was right there is a virus that works under Linux!

3. ISDN: mutliple channels? (try again)

4. Netscape/java problem?

5. ISDN-Channel-Bundling with MORE than one S0-Bus!

6. Installing Slackware on IBM Valuepoint?

7. How can I get the 2B channels up in my ISDN Modem using RH5.2

8. Patch: linux-2.5.2-pre8/drivers/mtd compilation fixes

9. bundle more than two isdn channels

10. ISDN Multilink - 2nd B channel dropping

11. X.25 over D-channel ISDN

12. ISDN, Linux, Combining Multiple B channels

13. Bitsurfer Pro ISDN config- 2 channel