Setting Up kPPP to use on ibm.net

Post by Dana Boo » Sat, 27 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I am trying to confgure kPPP to use as my ppp dialin program....I am
> having a prob with it saying the pppd has died unexpectedly.  If anyone

I had the same problem, and I know that pppd is setup correctly because
it'll work fine if I use the RH 'netcfg' frontend to make the scripts. I
don't know why it did that.

That being said, (and no help being given *G*) I still prefer to use Dip
invoked from a shell script. The actual Dip script is completetly
configurable, and mine, for instance, will dial a round-robin of numbers
until it gets the connect, and will redial if the connect is dropped. It's
text mode, and it takes a few minutes more to setup, but it's so flexible.

Anyway, as you can tell, I was only suggesting that you take a look. If you
ever decide to give Dip a try, I can show some examples of scripts. And
being run in a text window (that just gets minimized anyway) rather than a
graphical frontend, it uses less system resources.

--

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

1. kppp using ibm.net

Do you have ibm as your isp and you have it working? I have
been trying to get mine to work. I have a script that worked
with chat, but it seems to be overly complicated and there
must be a better way. Are you using pap, chap? Or did you do
a script? If you did a script can I see your?

Thanks
--
Cheers

Douglas Nichols

Database Manager                            National Wilms
Tumor Study Group
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center

2. Receiving Serial Data

3. Setting Up kPPP to use on ibm.net

4. What are TCP wrappers?

5. IBM.net and kppp

6. Intranet platform jpub - new version

7. Linux (RH 5.1) and ibm.net using ppp and/or slip

8. Assembler section

9. connecting to ibm.net using PPP + some new user questions

10. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

11. How to I change the MTU settings when using kppp?

12. ppp on ibm.net

13. ibm.net