MANAGE SOURCE CODE CONTROL, RUN BENCHMARKS

MANAGE SOURCE CODE CONTROL, RUN BENCHMARKS

Post by Heath » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've build RADIUS 2.4.21 on a Red Hat 2.0.12 system and while the server
check goes fine when I try a radpwtst I get a segmentation fault and core
dump.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks

--

1. Best way to manage source code?

Aside from compiling kernels, I generally don't compile from source.
Generally, I rely on RPM or DEB packages.  Originally, I did this because I
wasn't familiar with the process of compiling source.  Also, I wasn't aware
of some of the benefits of compiling from source--namely, customization.  I
also wasn't aware that it was generally possible to uninstall compiled
packages as easily as it was RPM or DEB packages.

I have since learned more about compiling, installing, and uninstalling
source packages, but effective maintenance, and ease of maintenance, seems
to depend greatly on how you manage source packages.  For example, there is
the issue of space.  There is also the issue of complexity.  By that I
mean that some packages (KDE or GNOME, e.g.) actually consist of dozens of
individual source packages, some of which may have to be compiled in a
specific order?

I am sure there are other issues, for example compiling for specific
kernels or libraries?  Is there a good guide available on how to manage
source packages?  Ideas, comments, pointers will be appreciated.

TIA
--
I use GNU/Linux and support the Free Software Foundation. This message was
composed and transmitted using free software, licensed under the General

2. DOSEMU under ELF and gcc 2.7.0

3. Source code of DEVICE DRIVER of controlling MODEM

4. High blocked process count and CPU wait in vmstat

5. Source Code Control II

6. Linux Setup as a Router

7. Which cross platform Source Code Control System are available?

8. CDROM Access Rights Mandrake 9.0

9. source code control

10. Source Code Control

11. source code control

12. Source Code Control System

13. Modern Source Code Control Software Inquiry