Changing Ethernet IP address without rebooting Linux server

Changing Ethernet IP address without rebooting Linux server

Post by Wayne Willso » Tue, 07 Sep 1999 04:00:00

How do I unbind the old address and bind the new address to an Ethernet
interface without rebooting?

Changing Ethernet IP address without rebooting Linux server

Post by Clint Morga » Tue, 07 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Once you change your address, you will need to restart your networking
components.  You can do so by running...
    network restart.
In RedHat, this script is located in the /etc/rc.d/init.d directory.  I
assume it is the same for the other distributions.

-Clint

Post by Vilmos Sot » Wed, 08 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> How do I unbind the old address and bind the new address to an Ethernet
> interface without rebooting?

Take a look at man ifconfig and man route. Or, let us know which
distribution you use, and we can give some other advices.

Vilmos

1. How to change the IP address without rebooting the system

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to change the IP address of  a system without
rebooting the machine.

I know how to change the IP Address by changing the /etc/hosts file for the
entry corresponding to the /etc/hostname.interface file.
I want to know how to make this to take effect without rebooting the
machine.(i.e.) By stopping an starting som service or using any other
command to do this dynamically.

Thanks in advance.........

Raj

2. HELP!!! Default route gets dropped.

3. Q. How to network with ethernet address only ( without TCP/IP protocol) - in ethernet.

4. chat does not work

5. change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?

6. NFS export questions

7. Is It Possible to Change the System IP without Reboot???

8. mounting from the same filesystem twice

9. RH 7.2 changing IP without reboot

10. Changing IP on solaris without rebooting

11. change ip without reboot

12. How can we change the IP without to reboot?

13. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses