3com 3CXFE575CT drivers for LINUX

Post by DAVI » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:02:35

Does anyone know where I can find linux driver for this NIC?

I have a notebook and I want to make this PCMCIA card working

Thanks to all

Davide

3com 3CXFE575CT drivers for LINUX

Post by Edward Paul Wehrwei » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:25:32

Try the PCMCIA HOW-TO here:
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html
or do a google with the card and linux compatibility
past that, what distro are you using, what kind of laptop is it etc...

Ed

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can find linux driver for this NIC?

> I have a notebook and I want to make this PCMCIA card working

> Thanks to all

> Davide

3com 3CXFE575CT drivers for LINUX

Post by Edward Paul Wehrwei » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:28:41

And i almost forgot, the linux hardware compatibility HOW-TO(check pcmcia
cards): http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/

Post by airel.. » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:01:57

> Does anyone know where I can find linux driver for this NIC?
> I have a notebook and I want to make this PCMCIA card working
> Thanks to all
> Davide

My 3CXFE575CT card works well with PCMCIA card services 3.2.3.

pcmcia-cs-3.2.3

The 3c59x.c driver is included in that and does the trick for me.

Adrian
--

3com 3CXFE575CT drivers for LINUX

Post by Jason Musgrov » Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:20:45

Davide,
The  3c575 is just a 32-bit PCMCIA (i.e. cardbus) version of the 3c905 PCI
card and the same driver works with it. If you enable the hotplug PCI
subsystem (can be used to handle Cardbus hotplugging)  in your kernel and
get the userspace tools for it, you should be able to get it to recognise
card removal and insertion events (you might need the PCMCIA package, I
can't remember). If not, you can simply modprobe the 3c905 module (or
compile it into the kernel) and it should work anyway (just dont remove the
card without rmmoding the module first).

- Jason