1. RH 5.1 flawless ftp-dhcp install; dhcp config retained; dhcp fails @ boot
DHCP fails to configure a network connection, even after it worked
wonderfully for an ftp install of RH 5.1 and I retained the network
configuration during the install process. The relevant message on the
console during bootup is: DHCP ... failed. The only message in
/var/log/messages that appears to be relevant is "no DHCPOFFER".
/sbin/ifconfig lists nothing for eth0.
A number of modules relevant to DHCP are loaded. I assume that all
necessary modules have been loaded. The eithernet card also appears
to be correctly recognized.
I've read but not yet tried the Red Hat hacks listed in the DHCPcd
mini-HOWTO. Has anyone successfully used these on RH 5.1?
Remove the underscore from my e-mail address to reply by mail.
2. SATA driver for Asus P4P800
3. setting up RH 5.1 networking to an NT dhcp network
5. Problem installing RH Motif 2.0 on RH 5.1 system
6. packet errors in PPP cause TCP blocking
7. dhcp on RedHat 5.1 and dhcp relay agent on NT 4.0
10. Maxiswitch 124 Key Programmable Keyboard
11. Gays Captured on video 124
12. upgrade Q's: apache 124 to 131, and others
13. (124)Address family not supported by protocol family