Automatic backup for SAMBA-shared files

Post by Stefan Carstens RHCE u. SysAdmin CoolSpot New Media A » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:25:40

Hi there,
One of my older customers has a problem :
He thinks that files aren't safe on his UNIX box while he works on them
via a Windoof box.
In particular, there is a need to autogenerate backupfiles from
___EVERY___ opened file shared by SAMBA.
Does anybody know how ?

(e.g. if you open a file "file.txt" on a samba-server, the samba-server
should generate "file.txt.bak" automatically)

1. samba share mnt automatic?

Is it possible to automatically (during boot) to mount a samba share which
exists on a Win2k machine during startup? I can do it interactively using
the mount command but I'm not sure about the entry which would be required
in fstab since it requires a password and samba would not have started yet?

2. AIXwindows install under AIX

3. Automatic Backups -- or automatic in general. :)

4. HELP with RPC clnt_control()

5. Automatic conversion between Unix and windows text files with samba

6. DTC HARDCOPY Board/IDE won't LILO!

7. Help w/Backups, Samba Shares Thru Win95

8. Should XENIX 386 and SCSI DAT Tape work?

9. A script to back-up files via a Samba connection

10. SAMBA & Win95 files sharing

11. How to share files by using Samba

12. Samba cannot provide the file sharing as NT does?

13. Problem sharing files with Samba