Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

Post by Denni » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:04:07

I having a problem getting my modem working on my Presario 1215 US.

Kppp finds my modem, dials my isp, Sends my logon, then hangs after
requesting a password.
Pressing ctrl alt F1 shows the following messages:

Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports pppd alright.

The modem is an ActionTec PCMCIA modem that works fine in other linux
laptops.

My PCMCIA network card works fine.

The only mention of PPP in dmesg:

PPP BSD Compression module registered
PPP Deflate Compression module registered

When I try to add the ppp0 interface using netcfg, ppp in not included in
the interface type choices.

How can I get this modem to work on this laptop?

Dennis

1. Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

hi, all
    when I run kppp and pushed the 'connect' button, I got the
following messages:

kbuildsycoca running...
ScimInputContextPlugin()
Opener: received OpenLock

Opener: received OpenDevice
Opener: received ExecPPPDaemon
In parent: pppd pid 4159
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports ppp alright.
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device

any reply will be welcomed,thks a lot!

BEST REGARDS
crocodilian

3. running csh scripts from programs

4. couldn't find interface ppp0: no such device

5. Mail Attachments

6. Can't find interface ppp0: no such device

7. linux-2.5.52-dcl1

8. sol 2.5 x86- Couldn't find a CD device!

9. sshd reports ``couldn't find display information''

10. insmod: 'couldn't find the kernel version the module was compiled for'

11. error: cannot find ppp0 interface

12. pppd: Couldn′t find interface ppp0