archiving incoming/outgoing emails - procmail recipe needed

archiving incoming/outgoing emails - procmail recipe needed

Post by Gnan » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

We are running NT server and FTGate smtp/pop server for email purposes.
We would like to shift to linux.  I am suppose to setup a linux box
that will server as a complete email server.  I have successfully setup
an offline email system that sends/receives mails over a dialup PPP
connection.

However, there was one problem.  FTGate email server that runs on NT
server gives an option to save a copy of all incoming and outgoing
mails.  Now, my compnay wants
to setup this option. I hope I can accomplish this with a simple
procmail recipe.

But I haven't used procmail.  Can anyone of you give me a procmail
recipe that saves all incoming and outgoing mails?

Also, is it possible to send a 'message sent confirmation' message as
soon as the mail has been pushed out to the net? This facility is also
there in FTGate email system. If you would like to view/try FTGate for
comparitive purposes, go to http://www.floosietek.com or ftgate.com

waiting....

-gnana
INDIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Storing all Incoming and Outgoing emails on a server

Hello all.

I setup an Qmail based Email server for a company several months ago.  They
have now asked me if its feasible to basically make a copy of all emails
coming in and going out of the server and store them in a database to be
searched/indexed at a later date?

Is this possible? I'm not exactly sure how I would acomplish this. Any input
would be greatly appreciated. I was thinking of using a MySQL Database and
accessing it through PHP (This part I can do) but how would I store the
emails?

Thanks in advance.

2. A message to all

3. Procmail recipe for reading attachments

4. update video driver

5. procmail: Baffled by recipe/action issues

6. Passing parms to aha152x module ...

7. Sound/screen output from procmail recipe?

8. Samba and WinNT client

9. Recipes in ~/.procmail ignored?

10. Outgoing Email Problems, Need Help

11. Do I need SMTPD to send outgoing Email

12. Mail for MY e-mail is acting strange today (no incoming e-mail)