New kernel error - out of memory

Post by Levishchev Serge » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello All!

I have RH 6.0. I am changed: {MAXTTL = 32, IPDEFTTL=32} in ip.h, MAX_WINDOW
= 8760 in tcp.h and recompile kernel (for works with Wind-clients more
effective). Kernel recompile without error, but when systems boot ---
Uncompressing ... --> "Out of memory".
Help me !!! Or help how synchronizated TCP Windows and TTL for Wind-clients
and Linux server.

Bets regards,
Sergey

New kernel error - out of memory

Post by Jo » Tue, 07 Mar 2000 04:00:00

When you compile the new kernel, try using 'make bZimage' instead
of 'make Zimage' (assuming you used Zimage to begin with).  This
may not help but I seem to recall having a similar difficulty a
while back...

Either way, you can also try building the kernel with fewer
built-in options.  Build it with the network driver as a loadable
module and do the same with as many other modules as you can get
away with.  This keeps the kernel smaller and won't have an
adverse effect on performance.

Good luck -
Jon

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:00:21 +0300, "Levishchev Sergey"

> Hello All!

> I have RH 6.0. I am changed: {MAXTTL = 32, IPDEFTTL=32} in ip.h, MAX_WINDOW
> = 8760 in tcp.h and recompile kernel (for works with Wind-clients more
> effective). Kernel recompile without error, but when systems boot ---
> Uncompressing ... --> "Out of memory".
> Help me !!! Or help how synchronizated TCP Windows and TTL for Wind-clients
> and Linux server.

> Bets regards,
> Sergey

1. Out of memory error after new kernel

I installed the latest rev of the linux kernel, 2.2.13 on my red hat 6.1
box.  When I rebooted the machine the system halts when it tries to boot
linux with an "Out of Memory" error.  What could be causing this and how
do I fix it.  I can boot into the old kernel with no problem whatsoever....
(thank god I kept it around)

Thanks

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. g++-2.7.2p - BIG floating point problem!

3. Need help on chosing kernel memory option, when recompile a new kernel

4. Solaris x86 FAQ

5. Building rpm packages

6. HDs, parts, LBA, CHS, ...

7. How to increase the kernel vs user memory when building a new kernel

8. I/O error with new kernel and new pppd

9. Page outs with LOTSA memory: why?

10. new kernel: LILO "kernel too big" error

11. New Kernel error: Kernel panic