ICQ and IP MASQ

Post by Albert Wiersc » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Is it possible to receive chat requests with ICQ (Windows NT) over Linux IP
MASQ? Is there some way to configure the Linux box to work with this? I can
make requests, but can't receive them. I know this is a limitation of IP
MASQ, but I don't know if there is a way around it??

Please reply via email.

Thanks,
Albert

1. IP Masq and ICQ Chat

I am running a router with IP masquerading on my LAN.  I know it doesnt
work with ICQ filetransfer (downloading to me) but I am also having
problems sometimes with the ICQ chat system especially if its with more
than one person.
It seems to timeout and so tells me people have gone off the chat when
they have not.  Other times when joining or starting a chat some people
will NEVER show up yet other people on the chat can see them.  If I
cannot see someone they cannot see me either and it appears to be
trouble with the way ICQ does a direct connection.
Other times it works fine though and recently and had a chat with 7
other people (the most I ever I have done) and it worked perfectly.

Is this a problem with my router setup or with my ISP being too slow as
it often lags and stalls doing normal Internet stuff like Web Surfing or
FTP.

If its a problem with my router could you give me some suggestions on
how to fix it, the ICQ kernel patch wouldnt compile for me so thats not
really an option unless you can tell me how to get it working under
Slackware 4.0 (Kernel 2.2.6).

Thankyou for your help,

Alex.

2. UltraStor 14N SCSI adapter any good?

3. ICQ in IP Masq / ipautofw problem

4. X freezes on start-up when I change of network

5. ICQ through IP Masq

6. savecore

7. IP Masq and ICQ (quick question)

8. Csh & Tcsh Source For SCO Unix

9. IP Masq (works) and ICQ (!@#$% doesn't work)

10. ICQ problems with IP Masq Debian 2.2.15

11. Does ICQ and Yahoo Chess work with IP Masq?

12. IP MASQ and ICQ.

13. ICQ behind IP Masq w/firewall UDP port 4000 ???