Dumb PCMCIA/laptop/NIC question

Post by XaosSlaa » Tue, 11 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi I have linux running on a laptop and everything works fine including the
NIC card, but i get a failure message when linux starts up that eth0 failed
to initialize; this is only because the PCMCIA card services havent started
up yet and once everythings loaded the PCMCIA card works fine network is
fully accessible etc etc.  I just dont like seeing the failure message when
i boot its not pretty and all that so i was wondering if anyone knows if its
possible to swap the order somehwere so that the card services start then it
tries to initialize eth0