DHCP server doesn't behave as should behave.

DHCP server doesn't behave as should behave.

Post by Edi [u » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi.

I've installed the dhcpd on my RH4.2 box as written in the documentation.
I instructed it, to give IPs from a range 192.168.2.3 to 192.168.2.250.
Next I booted WinNT on my other box, told them to use DHCP and rebooted
them. When the NT booted up, it got the IP 192.168.2.3, and everything
worked just ok.

But after that, I wanted to try dhcp out an changed the dhcpd.conf file. I
wrote that dhcpd should give the IPs in from the range
192.168.2.30-192.168.2.250. Restarted dhcpd and also WinNT. And here the
problems begin. The NT box gets the old IP (.2.3). I also tried to give
the NT box a static IP, but it wouldn't help.

What's wrong?

bye,
Edi

DHCP server doesn't behave as should behave.

Post by Brandon Hin » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 01:27:05 +0100, "Edi [uc"

>Hi.

>I've installed the dhcpd on my RH4.2 box as written in the documentation.
>I instructed it, to give IPs from a range 192.168.2.3 to 192.168.2.250.
>Next I booted WinNT on my other box, told them to use DHCP and rebooted
>them. When the NT booted up, it got the IP 192.168.2.3, and everything
>worked just ok.

>But after that, I wanted to try dhcp out an changed the dhcpd.conf file. I
>wrote that dhcpd should give the IPs in from the range
>192.168.2.30-192.168.2.250. Restarted dhcpd and also WinNT. And here the
>problems begin. The NT box gets the old IP (.2.3). I also tried to give
>the NT box a static IP, but it wouldn't help.

>What's wrong?

Sounds like you lease time is not up.  Run winipcfg.exe and look for
the lease time.  You could either wait for it to expire, if you
provided a lease time, or release it manually.

You should never issue out IP addresses without lease time or the
clients will treat it as a permanent lease.

1. ANSI term type in linux doesn't behave properly?

When I telnet into linux (redhat) using ansi terminal emulation, I get a
proper screen display but no function key or arrow key support. This
behaviour happens with several different telnet clients, all of which work
with other os's like SCO. I've taken a brief look at the termcap and been
flummoxed. Any advice? (Keep it clean!)

2. KDE 1.1.2

3. FIFO doesn't behave properly on Solaris?

4. chroot/execv

5. install-info doesn't behave as debian dpkg expects

6. News Seagate 4GB Won't Take a Label!

7. Want bash '&' to behave like csh '&'

8. examples of ELF library usage on Solaris 2.x?

9. how should 'setterm -linewrap off' behave?

10. Pls tell why 'date' behaves wrongly?

11. (Newbie) Script behaves different when run interactively than via 'at'

12. lately, games behave around solid doorways, unless they're sweet

13. CDR's behaving badly