Samba: Gentus Linux / Win98

Post by Lee Goddar » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 04:19:56

Is it possible to link Gentus Linux to Win98
over LPT1?  I've tried with no joy, and really
want to get away from Windows, but need the
reassurance of testing Linux on my old box,
with access to my current files.

Should I just buy a CDR....?

Thanks in anticipation,
lee
--

-------------------------------------
Perl : XML : XSLT : XHTML / JS : Java

"Post-modernism....the meta-narrative that denies meta-narrative."
                                           - Cedric Watts, Sussex 1997

1. SAMBA - Win98 Machines and ICS through Win98 ok - no Windows network in linux

I've looked throught the messages and tried most - bottom line is that the
Linux machine keeps coming up with the message invalid user name or
password. I've got the same user name installed on the Win98 machine and the
linux machine. I have case set to insensitive. I set the registry in Win98
to enable plain text and the corresponding entry in the smb.conf file
(encrypted password=no). I added the statement nullpassword=yes to the
smb.conf file.

What do you have to do to see the windows machines??? BTW the linux machine
has no trouble using the Win98 ICS; dials on demand and all that; so the
network is working fine other than no ability to see the Windows 98
computers other than the windows drives on the dual boot machine I'm using.

webCOMBO - America's Free Internet Access Provider
http://www.webcombo.net

2. Imake Documentation

3. Samba 2.0.5 on FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE - very very slow writing to Samba from win98

4. Disk not found???

5. Samba question: Win98 workstation with a private IP can't see Samba

6. Newbie Please Help with RedHat 5.0 XF86 Configuration

7. Win98 can ping Linux, but Linux can't ping Win98 box

8. Question about unix prompt

9. Slow Network Linux->Win98=Slow Win98->Linux=Fast

10. Win98 can pin linux, linux can't see Win98

11. Linux & Win98 : problem with win98 on the linux HD

12. Linux, Win98, and DHCP--Win98 can't see outside world, Linux can

13. Samba connection slow in Linux-Win98 LAN