Getting network stats for multiple IP Addresses.

Getting network stats for multiple IP Addresses.

Post by Jack Snodgra » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

How can I check to see how much network traffic I'm doing. I just want

something simple like packets sent, packets received, packets dropped,

etc.  total bytes sent / received would be a BIG plus.

The 'trick' is that I want it per ip alias. I've got 10+ ip addresses
assigned to eth0. IFCONFIG shows me info on all of them... but the
info for eth0:1 - eth0:9 is not accurate. I get 1,000,000 packets
transfered on eth0 and 4 on eth0:1. I KNOW that more than 4 packets
were received on eth0:1.

Any info would be appreciated.

jack