Expert Advice needed!!

Post by Call me 'dumb dumb » Sun, 30 Apr 1995 04:00:00

[ Article crossposted from comp.os.linux.development.apps ]
[ Author was Call me 'dumb dumb' ]
[ Posted on 29 Apr 1995 12:31:58 GMT ]

I am now planning to write a networked game for linux. Can someone answer
me the following question!?

1) If not consider the $99 of MooTiff, is it better to program with motif
    or not!?

2) I found that networking games needed to have 2 parts. One is server and
   the other is the client. Can anyone mail me about what is needed inside
   both code!?

3) Anythings that I have to take care!?

Many thanks for u' help 1st!!

Bestregards
big head
chan kwong kit
--
  |\/\/\/|
--|      |--------------------------------------------------------------

/      \----------------------------------------------------------------

--
  |\/\/\/|
--|      |--------------------------------------------------------------
  |      | LoUiS ChAn  Mr. Chan Kwong Kit      |
  | (o)(o) (BiG HeAd)                          |
 C      _)                                     |   Enough is enough!!
  | ,___|  City University of Hong Kong        |
  |   /    BSc(Hons) Computer Studies, Year 2  |

/      \----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Expert Advice Needed Urgently

Hi,

If you are a professional expert who works at a senior
level on Sun workstations running Solaris software,
then please read on:

We are fighting an important legal battle for e-mail
privacy in France. It is the first time anywhere in the
world that anything like this has happened. Last year
we scored an important victory when three senior
employees at an elite french research school were
convicted in a criminal court of spying on e-mail.
For the first time ever, the law that protects the
sanctity of paper mail was successfully applied to
e-mail.

Briefly, the defence tried to establish that the users
had been forwarned that their mail could be read
and its contents must be restricted. This was exposed
in court as a lie.

Then, in a final gambit, the defence claimed that system
administrators must be allowed to read the content
of e-mail messages to protect against viruses!

Really, they did!

It did not help them then, but they are now appealing
the case again and this October the court of appeals
in Paris, France will hear the case.

What do we need?

We need seasoned professionals with proven credentials
and career experience to provide honest bona-fide
opinions about the links between security and message
content. The question is:

Are there any technical reasons (security etc) that would
justify the sys-admin reading the ASCII content of an
e-mail message?

If you believe you can help supply a professional response

This is a historic case that is setting the first ever
precedent
for the legal protection of privacy anywhere in the world,
so if you can help us, please do!

Thank you.

2. Apache newbie: help with mod_rewrite

3. Expert advice needed

4. RedHat Installation

5. Expert Advice needed!!

6. NAME SERVER: Linux on 386, running named

7. SQL Preprocessor for PostgreSQL

8. interesting socket questions - expert advice needed

9. Expert advice needed: wuftp vs. ncftp

10. Need Routing Expert Advice

11. Need wise expert advice