permissions changed automatically!

Post by knoct » Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:59:12

Hello. I have created a directory called "/home/All" so as to establish
a folder inside it to use with Samba (allowing the access to everybody).

So I have created also "/home/All/Documents/" and have typed this comands:

chmod 777 /home/All/
chmod 777 /home/All/Documents/
chown nobody:nogroup /home/All/
chown nobody:nogroup /home/All/Documents/

That's how I have changed permissions and propietaries. After this, I
configure smb.conf to share the folder and everything is Ok.

After some minutes, I can see that I cannot access the shared directory,
with my Windows client, and then if I make "ls -la" I can see that the
permissions of the directory /home/All/ have changed, and I have to do
again a chmod to make it work.

Does anyone know what happens? I am using Mandrake 9.2 RC2 with Samba
2.2.8a (my filesystem is ext3).

Thanks in advance!

1. Mandrake 8.2 changing permissions automatically

I just installed Mandrake 8.2 on the "higher" (or was it "highest"?)
security level.  For some reason, it seems to be constantly changing the
permissions on my machine to some default.  For example, every hour or so,
it changes the permissions on all of the /home directories to 700
(preventing me from serving html from there) and the same thing with
/usr/bin, preventing me from running programs like ssh (permission
denied).  Can someone tell me how to disble this very annoying behavior?

--
Thomas
www.boredatheist.com

2. setup 3c509 and Redhat 6.0

3. permissions of /dev/ttyS1 change automatically (SuSE distribution)

4. partition naming convention ?

5. automatically changing permissions when copying

6. Can't get RH 7.2 to install on Promise FastTrak 100 TX2

7. RH: automatically changes permissions on /dev/* after crash

8. NetScape Commerce Server Cerificates

9. Solaris automatically change file permission

10. How to automatically set permissions of files?

11. Lotus Domino automatically changes timezone

12. How to change/update root password on multiple mahcine automatically?

13. Automatically changing default route