netatalk problem

Post by Frederic Jacque » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi ,
Trying to run Netatalk on RedHat5.1 using
netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0.-10a.i386.rpm
I get   Appletalk not up ! Child exited with 1
or      Too many routes/ifaces

I have insert the appletalk module. I have put eth0 in the atalk.conf
I have try with zone parameters but It doesn't work.

In fact atalkd doesn't work but afpd work I can connect to linux on my
G3 OS 8.1 when specifying the linux IP in selector and connect myself

How can I see my computer in the selector <=> how to start those
blasting
atalkd ? I have gone throught many howto and web pages but this point
 is not covered

        Frederic JACQUET
Etudiant MST Gnie physiologique

netatalk problem

Post by Tom Laza » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I've experienced your problem, too. ONE reason/solution for it is this (there
might be other reasons for the same symptoms, of which I don't know ...)

netatalk has problems with starting and stopping itself: it can't. You
actually need to restart your machine (it's a pain ...)

Try this, I hope it works. If not, let me know. I'm very interested in this
problem, as I'm about to convert our office-server from NT to linux in a week
or so ...

Good luck,

Tom

> Hi ,
> Trying to run Netatalk on RedHat5.1 using
> netatalk-1.4b2+asun2.1.0.-10a.i386.rpm
> I get   Appletalk not up ! Child exited with 1
> or      Too many routes/ifaces

> I have insert the appletalk module. I have put eth0 in the atalk.conf
> I have try with zone parameters but It doesn't work.

> In fact atalkd doesn't work but afpd work I can connect to linux on my
> G3 OS 8.1 when specifying the linux IP in selector and connect myself

> How can I see my computer in the selector <=> how to start those
> blasting
> atalkd ? I have gone throught many howto and web pages but this point
>  is not covered

>         Frederic JACQUET
> Etudiant MST Gnie physiologique

netatalk problem

Post by Frederic Jacque » Tue, 13 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I've experienced your problem, too. ONE reason/solution for it is this (there
> might be other reasons for the same symptoms, of which I don't know ...)

> netatalk has problems with starting and stopping itself: it can't. You
> actually need to restart your machine (it's a pain ...)

> Try this, I hope it works. If not, let me know. I'm very interested in this
> problem, as I'm about to convert our office-server from NT to linux in a week
> or so ...

Helas, it doesn't work, I try to make this working for some two weeks
Anyother suggestions ..?

But you're right to migrate
        Frederic JACQUET
Etudiant MST Gnie physiologique

1. netatalk problem

I am running Red Hat Linux 4.0 with kernel version 2.0.18 I have been
having speed problems with netatalk 1.3.3 as well as with the 1.4.x
beta version. Copying files over the net doesn't work any faster than
about 4.5 kbytes/sec wich I believe is way too slow.

Except for the speed problem everything seems to work properly. Does
anyone have an idea what could be the reason for this lack of
speed. The net we are having includes about 40-50 Macintosh computors,
c. 60-70 PC:s running IPX under a NetWare server. Could these other machines
connected to the net possibly effect the speed on my Linux machine.

Niklas Wikstr?m            Tel:    +46 8 163927
Botaniska Institutionen    Fax:    +46 8 162577

106 91 Stockholm

2. Setting terminal type , Livingston Portmaster

3. Netatalk problems

4. Novice looking for bare bones DNS HOWTO

5. netatalk - Problem? - Help!

6. KDE hangs up

7. Appletalk kernel 1.3.14 and netatalk problems

8. htaccess problems

9. Linux and netatalk problem (password)

10. Netatalk Problems

11. Solaris/netatalk problem

12. printing with netatalk problem

13. Netatalk problem on RedHat 7.2