Telneting from RH6 to a 3Com Office Connect 531

Telneting from RH6 to a 3Com Office Connect 531

Post by Chris Gorring » Fri, 10 Sep 1999 04:00:00

With Redhat 5.1 and 5.2, we have no problem telneting to 3Com Office
Connect routers. With 6.0, we can telnet to other hosts but not to 3Com OC
routers. We have tried 3 different routers and 4 different installations
of RH 6.0.

Using a packet analyzer, the problem looks like the fact that the structure
of the SYN packet to start the conversation is larger on 6.0 than 5.x. On
6.0, the diffences appear to be that the SYN flag is a Handshake Request
(A002) and a larger number of Option bytes and on 5.x, the SYN flag is a
Handshake Request (6002) and only 4 bytes of Option data.

I have included the two packet traces; the one with just a single packet is
the RedHat 6.0 - it repeats the packet a number of times, and the other one
is from RedHat 5.1.

Can you tell me what I need to change to get this to work. I have a feeling
that it maybe something that I have to change in the kernel config.
We have the latest firmware versions in the 3Com boxes (6.03a)

From RedHat 6.0

1. 3com Office Connect LAN Modem::trouble connecting

Are there others out there using a 3com Office Connect LAN ISDN modem.  I'm
using Redhat 7.3 on a Dell Inspiron ( not that it matters in this question
).  I just can't get the 'auto call' feature working.  In my Win2k desktop
there is this little tool called LanManager or something.  It is provided
by 3com.  It's a way of dialing manualy.  Telnetting to the damn thing
takes to long, and doesn't always work.  Nor does accessing the internal
webpage.  Is there a little script?  An application?
Any help is welcome..
Thanks in advanced
--
Rutger Claes

LINUX, because rebooting is for adding new hardware

2. WWV receiver for AIX 3.2/RS6K

3. 3com office connect

4. X-windows with ATI Mach64 + MAG DX17F

5. EQL and 3COM Office Connect Remote: anyone using it?

6. Commercial C Compilers?

7. Is 3com's Office Connect ISDN modem overkill?

8. Strange messages when U5 shuting down

9. FS:3Com Office Connect ISDN/LAN $259.00

10. ISDN probs: Dial into Linux w/ 3Com Office Connect and NAT

11. Problems with Tiny Term and 3Com Office Connect Lan Modem

12. 3COM Office Connect Model 3CS0H0100-TX

13. Sony CDU 531 CDROM and 1.2.13 installation