Linux proxy client conf. with MS Proxy Server

Linux proxy client conf. with MS Proxy Server

Post by Erik Gillespi » Wed, 02 May 2001 00:53:07

I can successfully get web browsers in Linux to access the proxy server, but
all attempts to configure any other programs (FTP, etc.) fail miserably.
I've
tried socks5-clients and runsocks and neither work.  Here's what my libsocks
config file looks like:

socks5 - - - - 10.2.242.1:80
noproxy - 10. -
noproxy - 192.168. -

Where my proxy server is 10.2.242.1 through port 80.  I am testing this with
the correct s5ping, etc. utilities as well.  Is there something wrong with
my
configuration or is there something I'm missing (does some kind of daemon
have to be running that I don't know about)?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Erik

Post by Steve Co » Wed, 02 May 2001 06:49:19

> I can successfully get web browsers in Linux to access the proxy server,
> but all attempts to configure any other programs (FTP, etc.) fail
> miserably. I've tried socks5-clients and runsocks and neither work.
> Here's what my libsocks config file looks like:

> socks5 - - - - 10.2.242.1:80 noproxy - 10. - noproxy - 192.168. -

> Where my proxy server is 10.2.242.1 through port 80.  I am testing this
> with the correct s5ping, etc. utilities as well.  Is there something
> wrong with my configuration or is there something I'm missing (does some
> kind of daemon have to be running that I don't know about)?

> Thanks a lot for any help, Erik

Hi, I've no experience with the config but MS-proxy2 only has a SOCKS4
proxy and no SOCKS5