Linux NFS Stateless???

Post by Dave Coult » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

If this has already been discussed at length - just point me to the FAQ.

I have been testing a Linux PC for use as a file server.  My tests
indicate that the NFS implementation is stateful.  IO to an NFS disk
appears to recover after a reboot/crash/network disconnect but the data
in my test files is corrupted.  This would also explain why I get
similar performance between NFS reads and writes.  Is there a fix out
there or an ETA for a stateless NFS???

  David W. Coulter                    Opinions expressed are personal and
  Newmont Exploration Ltd.            DO NOT represent opinions or policies

Linux NFS Stateless???

Post by Alan C » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I have been testing a Linux PC for use as a file server.  My tests
>indicate that the NFS implementation is stateful.  IO to an NFS disk
>appears to recover after a reboot/crash/network disconnect but the data
>in my test files is corrupted.  This would also explain why I get
>similar performance between NFS reads and writes.  Is there a fix out
>there or an ETA for a stateless NFS???

The client is stateless, the server can be, last time I fiddled it was a
#define that dropped in an fsync() or three.

Alan

--
  ..-----------,,----------------------------,,----------------------------,,

 ``----------'`----------------------------'`----------------------------''
Redistribution of this message via the Microsoft Network is prohibited

1. building stateless nat with iptools

Hi!

I'm struggling building a simple stateless NAT with iptools with a
2.6.39
I've read on some forum that the feature is now removed, hence I
should use netfilter.
Is that true?

PS:
For DNAT, when I'm trying to input
ip route add nat 10.0.55.2 via 192.168.44.2
it says: RNETLINK answers: invalid argument

Thanks.

2. gcc PEX link error

3. Do ipchain a stateless firewall?

4. Booting to Second HD

5. HTTP a stateless protocol??

6. ISDN PCI Cards with Linux & other bits

7. if http is stateless, how does apache know not to authenticate again

8. Local up2date server - using "current" program from current.tigris.org

9. Stateful and Stateless Intrusion Detection System

10. apache & stateless connections

11. stateless connections

12. stateless/stateful clent server ..connectionless/connection oriented pr

13. Stateless dropping of packets