Remote Printing w/o Remote Machine

Post by Juan Ramo » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I want to print to a printer that is not directly connected to any
machine. It has an ethernet card installed and is registered
in the bootp table. What parameters should I specify in the printcap.
If I set the rm= field with the name of the printer lpc status reports
that it is waiting for machine to come up, but I know it's alive.
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If you could mail
a response that would be great.  thanks in advance.

Juan Ramos

http://www.columbia.edu/~jer14

1. Remote Printing w/o Remote Machine - How do I do it?

I want to print to a printer that is not directly connected to any
machine. It has an ethernet card installed and is registered
in the bootp table. What parameters should I specify in the printcap.
If I set the rm= field with the name of the printer lpc status reports
that it is waiting for machine to come up, but I know it's alive.
 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  If you could mail
a response that would be great.  thanks in advance.

Juan Ramos

http://www.columbia.edu/~jer14

2. /etc/rc.shutdown, init, and the shutdown/reboot/halt commands

3. How to specify different remote printers from single remote machine?

4. Problem with 2 IPs on one interface

5. problems with remote printing under AIX 3.2 (and other remote access problems)

6. Linux disables NIC under Windows 95 on dual-boot

7. remote dailup printing on the remote site

8. Bug on Mdk 9.0

9. Remote printing to remote unix printer problem with cpi= option

10. RS/6000 remote printing to numeric remote queue

11. Remote printing problem: waiting for remote system to come up

12. Remote printing via HP machine ?

13. lpd will not print from remote machines