backup over internet

Post by tulan » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for gnu software that is able to do daily backups over the
internet and also a program to encrypt data that could be seen. Ex..credit
card numbers, etc...Also, how complicated would it be to backup files from
windows machines,etc.., to a private linux ftp server or web server. I'm
assuming a ftp server would be the way to go unless a better solution
exists in the linux world. Yep, newbee...

Please forgive me if this sounds novice.....:,)

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

1. Internet backup services for Linux

Hi all -- after suffering a pretty major disk crash with my personal Linux
box, it's reminded me of the need to have backups of everything. =P  I
would like to go with a third-party Internet backup service, so I don't
have to keep a regular schedule myself, and so I have the added security
of an off-site copy of everything.

Does anyone know of/can recommend any commercial Internet-based remote
backup service compatible with Linux?  All the ones I've seen are Windows
only.

Thanks for your help!

-- Mark

--
Mark Wang                           "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only
Stanford University '99              light can do that.  Hate cannot drive out

http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~mwang/              -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. HELP! Hylafax "localhost: host not found" DUMMY??

3. setting dial-up using PPP as backup internet connection

4. Streams Pb

5. Internet based hosted backup for freebsd?

6. Dos filesystem (and HD) trashed by FreeBSD?

7. dial up to internet via modem, drive converter, tape drive backup on redhat6.0

8. linux with WD 1GB harddrive

9. Back-Up Internet Connection.

10. problem with backup internet conection

11. Backup Internet Connection

12. ADSL as backup Internet Connection

13. linux failover (redundant internet/dial backup)