ISDN dial-in

Post by Tim De Vo » Thu, 09 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am working already a whole week to set up a dial in server with ISDN.
I succeeded in installing an Eicon Diva 2.0 PCI card but the modem
doesn't answer an incoming call. In /var/log/messages I always get
the following errors:

Mar  8 19:21:51 ibwserver kernel: isdn_net: call from 617,7,0 -> 3
Mar  8 19:21:51 ibwserver kernel: isdn_net: call from 617 -> 0 3 ignored
Mar  8 19:21:51 ibwserver kernel: isdn_tty: call from 617 -> 3 ignored

(I am dialing internally in a large building; one Windows 98
computer is on line 617 and the linux machine on line nr. 648)

I also can't dial from my Linux machine within minicom. He always
says that the line is busy after the following commands:

ATZ
OK
AT&E648
OK
AT&B512
OK
ATD617
BUSY
ATD648
BUSY

Any idea how I can solve this; I think I've already seen the whole
internet :-)

I use Redhat 6.1 with mgetty to control the dial-in.

Thanks in advance for replying

Tim De Vos

1. Problems with dialing out when dial-ins are enabled

I'm having trouble getting dial-outs to work when dial-ins are
enabled.  I can dial out on /dev/cua1 when getty isn't running
on /dev/ttyS1, but when getty is running I get a message that
the port I'm trying to dial-out on (/dev/cua1) is in use.  I
read the FAQs and everything seems to be set up right.  What
am I doing wrong?

[I'm running SLS 1.02 (0.99pl9).]
--
Eric Dittman                  Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility

Disclaimer:  Not even my opinions.  I found them by the side of the road.

2. Help selecting motherboard for Linux?

3. ISDN Dial-In to Samba Server (IPPPD) from NT4.0

4. SHM Extension

5. ISDN dial-in using IPX??

6. XFree86 config for Number Nine Revolution 3D??????????

7. ISDN + DIAL-IN +MULTIPOINT question

8. newbie: adding users/ changing passwords...

9. ISDN BRI = 2 x S0, possible one to dial in while the other dials out?

10. ISDN ppp dial-in server setup problems

11. Problems with ISDN ppp dial-in server

12. Multi Linux Dial-In With Terminal Adapter ISDN

13. ISDN Dial-in not working