CBQ & Kernel v 2.1.125

Post by Kishor » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
Can you tell me if CBQ is there in Kernel v 2.1.125 ie.., and can be used
just like eth0 and need to be configured in
/etc/syscoonfig/cbq-1260.My_first_shaper.
I am working on an alternative to RSVP and should put this scheduling file
in its place,
Please  tell me  the details how  I have to do this. I have
sched-cbq.c file  on Kernel v 2.0.36(RHv5.2)
If u say that kernel 2.1.125 already has this precompiled , then I will
upgrade to that.
Thanks for your input in advance.
Kishore

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

1. RH 5.1 & kernel 2.1.125

I've got a server (P200 / 64Mb RAM) running WWW, POP3, SMTP, PostgreSQL,
SSH, FTP services... the server was up for 50 days with no problems at
all... but when I executed a binary (hexbin) that would parse a 380Mb large
textfile I couldn't log in (via SSH, POP3, WWW, SMTP) a few minutes later...
and I had to have the machine rebooted (it's physically placed far away from
me)... what happened here... was the memory never deallocated by the binary
so the kernel couldn't spawn new processes or what... I know I'm running a
development kernel... but anyway... there's so many new features in this
that I can't live without it...

How can one prevent this from happening... setting limits on mem, cpu for
ordinary users?

Also, having been up for only 2 days the following occurs (POP3 is run from
inetd)... extracted from syslog:

Dec  7 23:43:45 donald inetd[275]: pop-3/tcp server failing (looping),
service terminated

Nothing particular happened before this event except for sshd generating
some new RSA keys... and after restarting inetd everything was fine again...
what happened... "looping"... does anybody know what this means in this
context?

2. Problems configuring Apache proxy server

3. Kernel 2.1.125 and SCSI Card

4. Advice on new installation

5. PPP trouble with new kernel (2.1.125)

6. Recovering broken tgz arcive

7. Kernel 2.1.125 no soft poweroff

8. AutoPPP and assigning ip numbers based on port!

9. LinuxPPC4 crashing on shutdown G3 kernel 2.1.125

10. RSBAC 1.0.4 for kernel 2.1.125

11. Kernel 2.1.125 and console

12. Bitch Assed 2.1.125 kernel

13. dhcp and 2.1.125 kernels anyone?