IP Masquerading helper modules/patches

Post by //slo-tran » Sun, 08 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Where can I find the modules/patches to use ftp, irc, and real audio
through IP Masquerading?  I've read the IP-masq howto and the URL it gives
is bogus.
Also, is there a way to bring my 2.0.29 kernel up to .33 without applying
4 patches?

please e-mail/post replies
thx!

                                        //slo-trans
                                        KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

                                        (headers may be bogus)

Post by Brian McCaule » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Where can I find the modules/patches to use ftp, irc, and real audio
> through IP Masquerading?

I don't use IP masquerading myself but these appear to be part of
standard Linux kernel sources distribtuion.

Post by Chris Hott » Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Where can I find the modules/patches to use ftp, irc, and real audio
> through IP Masquerading?  I've read the IP-masq howto and the URL it gives
> is bogus. Also, is there a way to bring my 2.0.29 kernel up to .33 without
> applying
> 4 patches?

As for the modules, read the kernel howto it will tell you how to make the
modules. They are made from the commands in this sequence:

make modules
make modules_install

As for the upgrade... I really don't think there is a way around it. It's
quite painless if you have a proper install without mods on the source tree.

--

Chris Hotte

IP Masquerading helper modules/patches

Post by Chris Hott » Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Where can I find the modules/patches to use ftp, irc, and real audio
> through IP Masquerading?  I've read the IP-masq howto and the URL it gives
> is bogus. Also, is there a way to bring my 2.0.29 kernel up to .33 without
> applying
> 4 patches?

Hmm... I've tried in a previous message to send to your email address and I
just got it bounced back with the mailer reporting that your username does not
exist on that server.  I was just not thinking that you may also like this
resource: http://pc-13030.bc.rogers.wave.ca/wave/localnet/Hope that helps.
--

Chris Hotte

IP Masquerading helper modules/patches

Post by Martin J. Man » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Where can I find the modules/patches to use ftp, irc, and real audio
> through IP Masquerading?  I've read the IP-masq howto and the URL it gives
> is bogus.

The modules are in the kernel source tree.  If you need one that isn't
in the distribution you installed it may be because it was developed
later, in which case it may be simplest just to get a more recent
kernel tree...

Quote:> Also, is there a way to bring my 2.0.29 kernel up to .33 without applying
> 4 patches?

Sure, you can get the whole kernel tree from sunsite or a host of
other linux archive sites.  linux-2.0.33.tar.gz has all that you need
for the protocols you mentioned and, as they say, more.  The helper
modules are not called out by name in the config, IIRC, so you may
already have waht you need in /lib/modules/2.0.29/I-forget-which-dir
(sorry, I'm on a machine that doens't use masquerade and so hasn't had
any of the modules installed - I think they install to ipv4 with
pretty obvious names).  If so, all you need is to add the needed
module(s) to whichever config file(s) your distribution uses to manage
these things.

Luck!

1. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

Hello

I have a linux box which should work as router for two subnets to the internet.
One subnet has valid IP addresses but the other subnet with private IPs has to be masqueraded. Is it possible to masquerade this subnet with an IP address from the other subnet or with the IP of the router port which is connected to the valid subnet and not with the IP address of the router port which is connected to the internet which is the default?

regards
Klaus

2. LPR Broadcast?

3. Real audio and Quake IP masquerade module problems

4. lsof ?

5. IP Masquerade Modules won't load

6. AHA-1540/42 and Mitsumi CD Conflict

7. mklinux and module support (for ip masquerading)

8. request for info on stack and frame pointers on sparc

9. IP Masquerading Modules and 2.3.16

10. HELP: IP Masquerading and modules

11. IP Masquerading Module Spec

12. ICQ module for IP Masquerade?

13. IP masquerading module for Solaris 2