Help me get active FTP to work in Red Hat 7.1 as a gatway machine please

Help me get active FTP to work in Red Hat 7.1 as a gatway machine please

Post by Ohmst » Fri, 11 May 2001 08:26:07

I have installed Red Hat linux 7.1 using the new 2.4.2-2 kernel on my two
machines. Mine is connected to the internet via NIC to external ADSL modem.
I use Windows ME and Red Hat linux 7.1 Second machine is connected to mine
via second NIC and runs Windows ME and Red Hat linux 7.1 I am using
iptables module and use this line in my rc.local file to get it to work:

# In the NAT table (-t nat), Append a rule (-A) after routing
# (POSTROUTING) for all packets going out ppp0 (-o ppp0) which says to
# MASQUERADE the connection (-j MASQUERADE).
(Thanks Dean for help with this)

This works very good for internet on the second machine in Windows or
linux. Problem is that Active FTP does not work on the second machine. Am I
missing something here or can someone give me an idea of how to open up the
machine to allow active FTP connections to be run on the second machine?

Thank you for reading this and for any help you can provide.
Cheers,
--
~Ohmster

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. socks5 and realaudio?

3. 3Com 509C and Red Hat 7.1 Config Question - Please help!

4. HELP: Bind 4.9.4 vs. Linux 1.3.81

5. Red Hat 7.1 help, mouse wont work after run in with msn.com

6. Who knows how to get a Matrox Millenium work with RedHat Linux and CND

7. ftp server in Red Hat 7.1

8. SAMBA QUESTION

9. ftp: connect: Connection refused (Red Hat 7.1)

10. Anyone has working .vimrc with sntax color enabled for Red Hat 7.1 ???

11. Can U install Red Hat 6rpm's in Red 7.1 ?

12. Can't make remote printing work on Red Hat Linux 7.1

13. Getting telnet, ftp, & exceed working in Redhat 7.1