netcfg: TclError: no display name and no $display environment variable

netcfg: TclError: no display name and no $display environment variable

Post by Scott Uro » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

When trying to run NETCFG I get the following error
        TclError: no display name and no $display environment variable

This also happens when I try to run ethercfg.  This is a standalone
fresh install on a machine that I want to get up on the network.  The
NIC cards are in the box but not configured yet.  I am running Redhat
5.2.

I have tried the following with no luck:
   export DISPLAY=:0.0
   export DISPLAY=:0
These were mentioned in some other posts I found as possible
solutions.

Please remove NOSPAM from email address before replying via Email