HELP: routing for 2 ethernets back-to-back?

HELP: routing for 2 ethernets back-to-back?

Post by Zoran Marjansk » Sun, 03 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got a little network started at home. 2 comuters with a NE2000
compatible card in each and 10baseT between them (no hub). I used the
diagnostic software that came with the adapters to test flow of packets
between the 2 ethernets- OK.

I have linux on both computers, and have the eth0 interface up and
running on both and a static route on both. However, when I ping the
other computer I get no response (ping just sits and waits). I believe
this to be a routing problem.

Since I'm relatively new at this, can anyone please help? I know this
can work.

Below are some details on what I'm using for machine names and addrs:

machine 1: rose (7.7.7.1) netmask 255.0.0.0
machine 2: pluto (7.7.7.2) netmask 255.0.0.0

I gather that my network is 7.0.0.0

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Zoran

1. sun back to back ethernet

Hi,

how do I connect 2 Suns back to back with hme and qfe adapters?:
I want to have 2-3 100FDX links between 2 suns for faster data transfer.
I connected with crossed cable, but the interfaces come up and down all the time. How should I set the interfaces: auto negotiate or not?
I have the following and it doesn't work: (no Link status)

adv_100T4_cap 0
adv_100fdx_cap 1
adv_100hdx_cap 0
adv_10fdx_cap 0
adv_10hdx_cap 0

Thanks,

2. ip-masquerade and MS Netmeeting

3. back-to-back ATM

4. Can't get ssh-1.2.26 with socks to work

5. tg3: back-to-back register write bug workaround causes MCA

6. Emulating rand()?

7. Back-to-Back connection

8. 3.2v4.0 problem

9. How to print postscript document back-to-back?

10. PPP-Back to back connection. HELP.

11. Routing problem with source-based routing and routing packets back to sender machine.

12. Ethernet Routing: ping works one way but not back!

13. Back Samba...Back!!!