icq and masq

Post by Carl Karste » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am still trying to solve this problem:

I am running icq on win98, which gets to the net via linux masq and a cable
modem (always up). From my point, it works fine. other icq users see me as
going on and off line every min or 2, which makes sending me a message a bit
of a pain for them.  I see others going on and off, and I have no way of
knowing if they are really off.

Environment: mandrake linux 2.2.13-22.  I have many win boxes, which get
dhcped by linux; addresses are fairly static, and I can even set dhcp to
assign a specific ip based on host name or something. Only one has the icq
client.

I have tried ip_masq_icq and that didn't seam to do anything.  but Im not
sure if I needed to set some parames when I loaded it.

Carl

ps I did figure out

ipmasqadm autofw -F

Is there anything better so I don't have to reseting the other settings i
wanted left?

icq and masq

Post by Martin Vonwal » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I am still trying to solve this problem:

> I am running icq on win98, which gets to the net via linux masq and a cable
> modem (always up). From my point, it works fine. other icq users see me as
> going on and off line every min or 2, which makes sending me a message a bit
> of a pain for them.  I see others going on and off, and I have no way of
> knowing if they are really off.

> Environment: mandrake linux 2.2.13-22.  I have many win boxes, which get
> dhcped by linux; addresses are fairly static, and I can even set dhcp to
> assign a specific ip based on host name or something. Only one has the icq
> client.

> I have tried ip_masq_icq and that didn't seam to do anything.  but Im not
> sure if I needed to set some parames when I loaded it.

> Carl

> ps I did figure out

> ipmasqadm autofw -F

> Is there anything better so I don't have to reseting the other settings i
> wanted left?

Increase the udp masquerading timeout: For example to set it to 160 sec add the
following line to your masq-script.
ipchains -M -S 7200 10 160

1. ICQ SKIN, ICQ FRIENDS, ICQ FUN.....

This is in my opinion spam so I just reported it. If anyone else
agrees with me then please forward the original post to:

(The address spamcop.net gave me).

Sorry for being off topic,
Fyre

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:48:47 +0800, "WWW.CSN23.COM"

2. How to install ncr53c810 (SC200 PCI card?

3. IP Masq and ICQ Chat

4. STB Lightspeed ET6000

5. ICQ in IP Masq / ipautofw problem

6. Help can't print

7. ICQ through IP Masq

8. 660C problem

9. IP Masq and ICQ (quick question)

10. IP Masq (works) and ICQ (!@#$% doesn't work)

11. ICQ and IP MASQ

12. ICQ problems with IP Masq Debian 2.2.15

13. ICQ MASQ Module