win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

Post by gravi » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

now the win95 client gets his mail with Pegasus mail from the netware
mail server over the ethernet

Is it possible to put a linux (firewalling) machine in between ?
Will the Linux machine ( with IPX in the kernel ) pass on any IPX
packets ( if they're called that way).
Will it be completely transparent to the end-user ?
( the firewall also masquaredes the inner network to the Internet )

tinusz

win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

Post by gravi » Mon, 02 Jun 1997 04:00:00

now the win95 client gets his mail with Pegasus mail from the netware
mail server over the ethernet

Is it possible to put a linux (firewalling) machine in between ?
Will the Linux machine ( with IPX in the kernel ) pass on any IPX
packets ( if they're called that way).
Will it be completely transparent to the end-user ?
( the firewall also masquaredes the inner network to the Internet )

tinusz

1. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

Hi,

I am using a Win. 95 PC connecting to Redhat Linux 4.2 with Firewall option
enabled and I have setup user account in the Redhat's mail server.
I have tried to receive Internet mail from my desktop but return with error
message.
Then I check the Redhat's system log and find an error:

syslog:error: cannot execute /usr/sbin/ipop3d: No such file or directory

It is ture that we don't have such file or directory in the mail server.
I would like to know is there any way/setting/software that allow me to
receive Internet mail via the mail server running on Redhat 4.2.

Thanks !

2. IPSec for Linux server and Win32 client

3. Secure transport between mail server and pop client (via another mail server)

4. Linux Redhat 7.1 on Dell Inspiron 8000

5. mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

6. Linux probe utility for IRQ/DMA

7. 2 mail servers needed to have aaaa@domain1.xx and bbbb@domain2.xx ?????

8. Compaq Deskpro DP2000

9. What client mail protocol leaves mail on server

10. What mail clients can mail directly to a smtp server

11. mail client can access HTTP mail server

12. sendmail mail server does not accept sending mail from remote clients

13. How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails