how to set wu.ftpd refuse connection if no reverse DNS lookup??

Post by Lars Hofhan » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Hi,

>As title. Any hint? TIA.

>regards,

>Li On

Use the tcpd wrapper daemon.

It has an option to guard against ip-spoofing and the like.
It's good idea to use it anyway, since you get log-messages
whenever someone connects, and you can disable services (ftp,
telnet, rlogin, etc.) selectively.

        Lars

1. Why does wu-ftpd try to do DNS reverse lookup?

I have wu-ftpd running on my RedHat 7.1 linux box.  However, I have
noticed that it ALWAYS tries to do a reverse DNS lookup on the client's
IP Address.  Why does it do that?  Is it to print the hostname on a log?
Is there a way to turn this off?  It adds a really annoying connection delay
when the reverse lookup fails!

Thanks.
Jorge.

2. What makes my modem(Fax) connection NOISY ?

3. Reverse DNS lookups by FTPd

4. MkLinux on PPC 6500

5. wu-ftpd is slow, how to suppress DNS lookups?

6. internet connection problems

7. wu.ftpd connection refused problem

8. Simple addition of number of files in directory(s)

9. wu.ftpd refuses connection?

10. wu-ftpd Connection Refused

11. DHCP and BOOTP Clients get connection refused with wu.ftpd

12. how to change reversed DNS lookup timeout setting

13. wu-ftpd with RH v7 sending auth packet/wu-ftp connection delays SOLUTION