I'm looking for the instructions to install and configure an IBM Auto
Token-Ring ISA adapter on Linux Mandrake 7.0
configure an IBM AutoQuote:> I'm looking for the instructions to install and
Go here:Quote:> Token-Ring ISA adapter on Linux Mandrake 7.0
Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
1. token ring token ring token ring
I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch. As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.
I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.
Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since. I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.
3. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)
4. merging files into one recurisively
5. token-ring patch,nettools installation step
6. Qualstar DLT
9. IBM ISA 4/16 Token ring installation
10. Token Ring installation question
12. Slow token ring?
13. Any token ring cards work with Linux?