> > Is it possible to network a computer running win95 and a computer
> > running linux via serial/parallel port? If so, where can I go for
> > further information?
> If you have the answer to this, please post it to the newsgroup (or cc
> it to me if you must mail it), because I was about to post the exact
> same question. Thanks!
> Stephen M. Weiss
> "As was never before, and is not now, shall never be again"
I've connected Win95 to Linux with a null modem cable using PPP.
1) Get this file: (Hold Down Shift And Click)
2) In Win95, add a new modem and say you've got a disk with the driver.
When Win95 asks you for that disk, specify C:\temp\mdmcbx.inf or where
ever you put it.
3) Now you have a "Modem" set up in Win95 for your null modem cable.
4) Double check your settings on that "Modem" in Win95 (and remember
exactly what speed you have it set to, it's very important)
5) Get this script: (Hold Down Shift And Click)
6) Edit that script and change the com port, speed, IP addresses, and
netmask to match your situation.
7) Make sure this script is executable by typing "chmod u+x win95ppp.sh"
and run it by typing "./win95ppp.sh &"
8) Then bring up Dial Up Networking in Win95 and connect using "Modem"
entry we just made. BE PATIENT, THE CONNECT MAY TAKE A WHILE!!! If you
get an error, double check your settings in Win95, because more than
likely that's where theh problem is.
to help, but I can try.