Portforwarding and Exchange 5.5

Post by Noel Lozare » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm using ipchains/ipmasqadm to handle port forwarding on my firewall.

It's set up to fwd traffic destined for port 25 on the external address
to go to an internal host.  This works fine when the host is either a
linux or sun box running sendmail (I can telnet to the external
interface port 25 and I get the appropriate response from the internal
host).

However, when I try to portforward and the internal host is an Exchange
server, it breaks.  I try to telnet to [ext. ip] 25 and I get no
response.

Any ideas?

kernel: 2.2.12.20
ipchains: 1.3.9
ipmasqadm: 0.4.2-3

Exchange: 5.5 SP2
NT 4.0 SP6

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Portforwarding and Exchange 5.5

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Go to Exchange server and run
telnet lolcalhost 25
What is the response?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

Portforwarding and Exchange 5.5

Post by Noel Lozare » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

From the exchange server or from a host on the internal network
telnetting into the internal address I get the normal prompt.

The Exchange server is listening on port 25.

1) Port forwarding works on the FW.  I can portforward ssh and smtp (to
unix boxes)
2) SMTP on the Exchange server is running
3) -->the problem: Port forwarding is not working when it's getting sent
to the exchange box.  The ipchains and ipmasqadm syntax is the same from
the working and non working scenarios with the exception of the address
of the mail server.

Thanks

> Go to Exchange server and run
> telnet lolcalhost 25
> What is the response?

> > I'm using ipchains/ipmasqadm to handle port forwarding on my
firewall.

> > It's set up to fwd traffic destined for port 25 on the external
address
> > to go to an internal host.  This works fine when the host is either
> > linux or sun box running sendmail (I can telnet to the external
> > interface port 25 and I get the appropriate response from the
internal
> > host).

> > However, when I try to portforward and the internal host is an
Exchange
> > server, it breaks.  I try to telnet to [ext. ip] 25 and I get no
> > response.

> > Any ideas?

> > kernel: 2.2.12.20
> > ipchains: 1.3.9
> > ipmasqadm: 0.4.2-3

> > Exchange: 5.5 SP2
> > NT 4.0 SP6

> > Thanks

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

> --
> If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to
do so
> (in group).

> Kirill

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Portforwarding and Exchange 5.5

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

OK. I can help you with Exchange troubleshooting, not Unix.
Go to IMC prop/Diag logging and set logging level for SMTP Interface events
to MAX.
Restart IMC. For each connection attempt IMC will log event 2000 (I think)
to App Event log.
If you not getting that you
1. Misconfigured Unix
2. Can read this
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q190/0/26.ASP?LNG=EN...

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so
(in group).

Kirill

1. MS-exchange 5.5 DNS configuration on solaris 5.5

Hi
I want to deployan  E-mail account with the ms-exchange 5.5. i got the
notice that i must configure the DNS server. My DNS server resides on Sun
SOLARIS 5.5 could anyone tell me how to configure it
i need to configure an A address and an MX address but i dont know on which
table
(named.boot/named.hosts?)
how do i enter them? (named? Bind? )
Thx

--
Doron Ben Avraham

2. Getting/Installing gcc and libraries.

3. Using kmail with exchange 5.5 server

4. dos to aix

5. Any suggestions regarding an Exchange 5.5 alternative?

6. SQL*Net on GNU/Linux Problem

7. Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 using FreeBSD as a demand dial router

8. if ulimit = "Problems";then mail newsgroup; fi

9. Framemaker 5.5/SunOS 5.7 trouble

10. NFS V2 or V3 in SunOS 5.5/5.5.1

11. is "find -local" broken in SunOS 5.5?

12. linux-2.5.5-pre1