telnet file "pass-thru" to local system??

telnet file "pass-thru" to local system??

Post by Paul L » Tue, 08 Feb 2000 04:00:00

A few years back there was an application that resided on the isp's
machine that was able to do a "pass-thru" to one's computer at home
when one had telneted to the isp.  hmmm, that's not too clear.

What I mean is that if I telneted to the "isp", then from there did a
ftp to obtain a file from another site, an application setup on my account
area could be running and automatically forward the file from the remote
ftp-site to my home machine; this was so I wouldn't have to "save" the
file on my account space and then xfer the file from there to home and
then delete the file from the accont space.

The question is: does anyone remember/know what the application is and
where to get it??  Some people at crl.com used to have it and my need
is that the school has a 1 meg limit on files and their site for some
items reject non-school ipaddrs.