Can't Get PPP Working - Chat (ppp-on) script won't dial

Can't Get PPP Working - Chat (ppp-on) script won't dial

Post by Shneor Sherm » Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:18:04

While I can run CSLIP using a DIP script with no provblem, I haven't been
able to get ppp to work. I'm using a ppp-on script adapted for my host
site, but it just falls through to the error message (no lockfile problem).
The ppp driver is in my kernel; I'm on kerneo 1.1.18, and using ppp 2.1.2a.
The chat script won't get my modem dialing. Modem as the device does not
work, neither does cua1 (which I use for SLIP). I will be glad to supply
any additional information needed. And yes, ppp IS in /etc/ppp, and
installed properly, as far as I can tell. Thanks for any help. I have RTFM.