linux->novell 4.1 ?

Post by Christian Becke » Sun, 10 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hi !

We want to include our linux-running-computer into our Novell 4.1 Network.
Does anyone know how to do this ?

Thank you !!!

Christian Becker

pgp key on request

linux->novell 4.1 ?

Post by Jim Freem » Tue, 12 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>We want to include our linux-running-computer into our Novell 4.1 Network.
>Does anyone know how to do this ?

If it is NDS (no bindery-emulation), the only good way I know of is:

        http://www.caldera.com/doc/standard/netware.html

which includes some pretty studly scriptable Netware administration
utils.
--
Jim Freeman

linux->novell 4.1 ?

Post by brun » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> We want to include our linux-running-computer into our Novell 4.1
Network.
> Does anyone know how to do this ?

It works. You can emulate a Nw3.11 (12?) fileserver with the MARS_NWE
program. Can be found... everywhere :) NDS si not supported today.

linux->novell 4.1 ?

Post by Paul A. Franz, P. » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> We want to include our linux-running-computer into our Novell 4.1 Network.
> Does anyone know how to do this ?

You just plug it in to start with. You can use the tcp/ip stacks built
into your windows clients and run samba on your linux box so the windows
machines can share the directories. You don't need to run NFS unless you
want to export the Netware files system to the Linux box but why? If you
want the Linux box to be able to see the Netware file system and the
Netware print queues then use the Caldera software to support IPX on the
Linux box. You can log in to the Netware server and NDS will be able to
show the Linux system in the tree and not just bindery mode.

We are a Novell Gold Reseller in Bellevue WA. We have Netware and Linux
running on the same LAN. We can set all this up for you if you like - its
our business. Linux is compatible with IntraNetware and Groupwise. Linux
is a good way to get inexpensive access to the internet. If you only have
an inexpensive dialup connection and not even a dedicated IP, we can give
your LAN e-mail for everyone, web surfing and telnet all across a
firewall for security or to limit those stations on you LAN particular
services.

--
Paul Franz
PAF Consulting Engineers

linux->novell 4.1 ?

Post by Robert A. Till » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Caldara has NDS client support.

: > We want to include our linux-running-computer into our Novell 4.1
: Network.
: > Does anyone know how to do this ?

: It works. You can emulate a Nw3.11 (12?) fileserver with the MARS_NWE
: program. Can be found... everywhere :) NDS si not supported today.

1. Win95/IPX -> IP ->PPP ->Linux ->Novell 3.12

Has anyone tried/been able to get working using Win95 to dialup a PPP
connection (ie: on a Linux box) and pass IPX packets encapsulated within IP?

Novell has IPTUNNEL which can be loaded on their server that allows for
encapsulation/decapsulation of IPX packets for transfering over an IP network.
However, can Win95 do the same thing?

The goal is to connect a remote Win95 system via dialup to a Novell network.
The modems reside on a Linux box also on the network running TCP/IP.  Dialup
SLIP/PPP work fine to the TCP/IP nodes on the network, but I want file sharing
with the Novell system.

Thanks...

2. convert excel to postscript

3. <<Java IDE For RH-Linux 4.1>>

4. help with PPP or SLIP setup

5. 4.1 SCSI boot fails, 4.0->4.1 upgrade boot OK

6. Lo-res woes.

7. Linux and Novell 4.1

8. Unable to load interpreter

9. Linux as Router on Novell 4.1 Net

10. Linux speaking IPX to Novell 4.1

11. 4.1 4.1 4.1 HELP!

12. SUN->NFS->Novell->local printer...how to