win98 to linux question

Post by Matt » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I currently dual boot win98 and caldera 2.3 and was wondering if there was
a program or configuration that would allow me to share my dial-up ISP
connection with the rest of my lan using linux as the "server."  I
currently use a program called SyGate (www.sybergen.com) to do this while
win98 is running.  SyGate functions as a DHCP server and also works kind
of like a proxy, but you don't have to configure anything on the client
computers except for them to obtain an ip address from the server.  Any
help or url references would be most appreciated.

win98 to linux question

Post by Harry Philli » Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Setup your linux box as a DHCP server and read the IP-MASQ-mini-howto.

Regards
Harry