Problem with ethernet card using Ip masquerade

1. IP Masquerading Ethernet<-->Ethernet

Hi,

I have just been lucky enough to get a 10baseT high speed internet
connection via DHCP.
No this is not a Cable modem or ADSL, it is Ethernet; a CAT5 cable runs
from my home office
to a hub in the phone closet of my building, which is connected to a
FIBER backbone of the local
phone company (BC TEL).  It is a very good thing ;-)

Ok, so I am greedy and I want my small home office (4 computers) to
share this connection, but I am only allowed one DHCP connection plus I
like the idea of hiding my computers from the net via a firewall.

I am not an IP wiz, as I barely understand what a netmask is for or what
the difference between a class C and class B network is.  I have read
the latest HOWTO's but they seem to focus on PPP->Ethernet.

Can someone suggest what I need to do and read to share this DHCP
supplied ethernet IP between four computers?  I think I need two network
cards in the DHCP computer.  I think I need IP forwarding enabled.  I
think I need to use a non registered IP range (192.168.1.xxx).

I am running RedHat 5.0 with the 2.1.85 development kernel (I want FAT32
support + SB16 & Gravis ACE support).  I am willing to go back to 2.0.33
if I have to (and loose my FAT32 DOS file system).

BTW, I have managed to hack (bluff) my way through getting DHCP working
under Linux (I am using it right now), so I am not as dim as I sound.

I noticed that just in the last couple of days a new IP masquerading
rewrite came out for Kernel 2.1.102; should I use it?

My long term goal is to pull an old 386/486 out of my closet and
dedicate it as a full time Linux node whose purpose is to act as the
router/firewall to the net.  Considering I don't have a spare 386/486
actually in my closet I will try and buy one for < $450CDN which seems
quite possible from what I can tell.  Given, I need to spend some money,
is there a magic box (RouteMan, WebRamp, 3COM Remote Dual Analog are
such magic boxes for PPP->Ethernet IP Masquerading) I could get in lieu
of a Linux driven dedicated machine?

Regards,

    Todd Meade

2. Load and Network Performance

3. IP for masqueraded net other than masquerading host IP

4. where is todos ?

5. using Ethernet card without IP ???

6. Splitting a line in a script

7. Problems Browsing while using IP Masquerading.

8. whois

9. Https problem using ip-masquerade

10. Problems in configuring a dialout server using diald and IP masquerading

11. HTTP and POP3 problems using IP masquerading

12. Using Ethernet PCI Card instead of built in ethernet

13. IP Firewall and IP Masquerading Problems