problem with NFS client mount at boot up if client

problem with NFS client mount at boot up if client

Post by Lars Nord » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 04:54:50

Problem:
I have a linux system (RedHat v6.2) that mounts 3 NFS exports from a SCO 5.0.5
system. If I shutdown the linux system nicely, all the NFS exports from the
SCO server are mounted correctly but if the Linux box goes down (due to a power
failure) then only first of the NFS exports will automatically mount but not
the other 2. I can manually go back and mount the other shares without any
problems but I was wondering what I can do to make sure that all the NFS
exports mount correctly.

Is there anyway of configuring the init mount process to retry the NFS mounts,
so that it will try to mount the exports again but modifying /etc/fstab.

problem with NFS client mount at boot up if client

Post by Michael Heimin » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 06:05:41

Lars Nordin wrote at Wednesday 05 September 2001 21:54 like only he
can:

Quote:> Problem:
> I have a linux system (RedHat v6.2) that mounts 3 NFS exports from a
> SCO 5.0.5 system. If I shutdown the linux system nicely, all the NFS
> exports from the SCO server are mounted correctly but if the Linux
> box goes down (due to a power failure) then only first of the NFS
> exports will automatically mount but not the other 2. I can manually
> wondering what I can do to make sure that all the NFS exports mount
> correctly.

> Is there anyway of configuring the init mount process to retry the
> NFS mounts, so that it will try to mount the exports again but
> modifying /etc/fstab.

'man mount' & 'man nfs' there is a 'retry=', a 'bg' and more options
for nfs, if this fails, you could change the script that does the
mount, in case of boot to your needs (/etc/rc.d/boot on SuSE), may be
different with RH, 'man init.d' should tell.

Good luck

Michael Heiming